Thank you for your interest, we are accepting applications for hosting this coming summer.
Park Host Opportunities 2023 –
We are looking for hosts to stay at all our parks from mid-May to the end of September. Anyone interested is required to stay for a minimum of 2 weeks to a max of 6 weeks per stay. Park Hosts will be paid an honorarium based on length of time commitment. Keep reading!
Kokanee Creek – Campsite includes power, grey water disposal, sorry no sewer but sani close by. WIFI paces away. Park Hosts will be paid an honorarium based on length of time commitment.
Kootenay Lake Provincial Park – Campsite includes water hook up, power, sorry no sewer. WIFI on site. Park Hosts will be paid an honorarium based on length of time commitment.
Champion Lakes Provincial Park – Campsite includes water hook up, sorry no power or sewer. Wifi accessible in the service yard close by. Park Hosts will be paid an honorarium based on length of time commitment.
Syringa Park – Campsite includes power, water and sani dump nearby. Park Hosts will be paid an honorarium based on length of time commitment.
If you are interested in any of these opportunities please send resume and cover letter to Anne – firstname.lastname@example.org
Park Hosts are the special people that do those small chores around the Park that make the guests comfortable. They are the eyes and ears of the Park Operators; they greet guests, some collect fees, some sell fire wood sales and all assist in ensuring park is safe and clean
Hosts will be asked to be on duty for a minimum of 4 hours / 5 days per week, preferably in the late afternoon / evenings and on weekends. Must arrive with self- contained RV.
What we ask of you:
- Campground Host must possess strong communication skills, demonstrate a courteousness and helpful attitude towards all visitors.
- Be familiar with the Park, its regulations, facilities & recreational opportunities
- Maintain and organize Park Info boards & Host kiosk with approved & appropriate literature as supplied
- Maintain a good working relationship and open communication with Park Operator
- Contribute to ensuring the park area is safe, clean, and functional reporting problems and any unsafe or hazardous conditions as they are discovered.
- Be familiar with emergency procedures and how to deal with them effectively.
- Assist park staff in maintaining public control, noise control and dog control.
- Undergo a criminal record check